You have dreams, open your eyes, turn them into something and start planning for your future.
A crucial element of writing is planning; it helps encourage the mind and pushes you to achieve something. The more chances of writing it down the more chance you will achieve and have a goal to focus on.
Writing your own plan encourages you to better your skills. Although there a different types of planning:
Plan what you are going to write
You have decide what you are going to write a story, you need to plan when it happened, what happened, change of scenes, why it happened, who with, characters. This type of plan can be used for articles, poems, plays, as well as stories.
Tip -Try using different coloured pens for different themes or elements of your story, planning is essential.
Make sure you don’t miss anything! Now you have that wonder piece of writing, what you going to with it? This is where the second element of planning is critical what are you going to do with it? Use your writing for others to see or keep it yourself. The choice is yours however this also requires a form of planning.
Explore the options you can do with your work and keep dreaming.
I am currently at the stage of planning what I intend to do with my writing. I am aware that plans change but in order for it to change you need to have something to happen.
Here is my plan so far, it’s basic with nothing to adventurous or totally unachievable.
My current plan
- I intend to try and write something every day even if it is just a couple of lines.
- I will try and post on my blog at least once every other day, this will help keep readership.
- I want to improve my writing.
- I intend to set up a twitter account for writing purpose, in order to communicate and share with others.
- I want to try and achieve 5 followers a month, I want to reach people but I don’t want them to force them to read my work.
- I plan to have money to create a book of poems to be published within the next five years.
This is just an initial plan which will grow as my writing and followers grow this can only happen by doing instead of dreaming. This is what I am doing I have started my plan, keep following to see if what happens.
Don’t repress you dreams, believe and be!